2023 Toy of the Year® Awards Program Offers New Strategies to Drive Engagement
Product Nominations Open May 30; Winners to Be Announced During The Toy Foundation™’s TOTY Celebration on September 29 in NYC
May 16, 2023 | The Toy of the Year® (TOTY®) Awards finalist and winner titles are among the toy industry’s most coveted recognitions, helping drive consumer engagement ahead of the busy holiday shopping season. Nominations for the 2023 awards program open May 30, giving toy companies, inventors, and other industry representatives an opportunity to call themselves the “best of the best” across 23 categories of play. Find the full list of categories to submit to here.
Every submission is an opportunity to take advantage of valuable opportunities that support successful business strategies, as well as increase awareness, boost confidence, and generate new sales among consumers.
- All products, individuals, and campaigns that receive the honorable accolade of “finalist” will be placed in front of key media, promoted in The Toy Foundation’s (TTF) social media content, and listed in the event’s souvenir playbill.
- The lucky 23 that receive the prestigious “winner” title will receive all the above, join TTF on-stage at the TOTY Awards, record a unique video to use for internal or external marketing, and be displayed at the entrance of Toy Fair® for thousands to see.
Unique to product category finalists and winners, all will be:
- Featured in a consumer-focused influencer program
- Included on ToyAwards.org for consumers to see and vote on
- Able to purchase a seal customized by category to proudly feature in marketing and promotions
These opportunities place your company and product in front of hundreds of thousands of industry professionals and consumers prior to, during, and following the TOTY Awards. More so, every submission supports a great cause; the TOTY Awards are TTF’s premier fundraising event for which all proceeds, including nomination fees, support the impactful work delivering the extraordinary benefits of play to children in need.
The TOTY Awards will take place on September 29 in New York City and is the must-have ticket at Toy Fair to celebrate the creativity and philanthropy of the toy community. Guests will have the exclusive opportunity to celebrate the award winners, honor the achievements of the Toy Industry Hall of Fame inductees, network with key industry players, bid on one-of-a-kind auction experiences, and learn about the impact of TTF’s work in 2023 thanks to the industry’s support.
Key information and details about submitting to the TOTY Awards is available here. Nominations are open May 30 through July 7 and any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the TOTY event page to learn more about the evening’s festivities. Follow #TOTY on LinkedIn for real-time event news and use the hashtag to share how you’re participating in TOTY with the industry!
To learn more about The Toy Foundation, visit ToyFoundation.org.